The mission of the Camden County Animal Control Unit is to provide the citizens of Camden County with effective and cost efficient animal services by active enforcement of state and local laws, the humane sheltering and disposal of stray and unwanted animals, and the promotion of responsible pet ownership and animal welfare while balancing the health, public safety and welfare needs of people and animals.
The primary objective of Animal Control Unit employees is to provide quality service to the citizens, while dedicating themselves to improving the co-existence of animals and humans. The unit strives to protect the public's health and safety from vicious, sick or injured animals, to educate the public about responsible animal care and ownership, and to reduce the number of unwanted animals in the community.
In addition to the above stated mission and objective our goals are to:
- Maintain the highest quality of performance standards and ethical conduct.
- Promote responsible pet ownership.
- Increase public awareness of animal issues.
- Cooperate with Breed Rescue/Animal Welfare Organizations.
- Continue training and education for management, staff and the public.